SKYUI Error Code 1 has been one of the most consistent errors that Skyrim players often encounter once they complete the installation and try to launch Skyrim Script Extender (SKSE).
The Skyrim Script Extender often referred to as “SKSE,” is used for modding and is one of the more extensive mod programs out there that isn’t meant for the normal user.
Skyrim is an awesome role-playing game (RPG) that was created by Bethesda Game Studios and allows players to make some peculiar changes to the game with the help of a robust mod tool called Skyrim Script Extender.
Sometimes, when this Skyrim script extender is not properly installed, you’ll likely get this error message: “SkyUI Error Code 1.”
See how to properly install Skyrim Script Extender on steam.
So, today I’ll show you what causes your computer to have SKYUI error code 1, and how to fix it.
Four Main Causes of SKYUI Error Code 1
There are two main causes of SKYUI Error Code 1. This error message is very generic and can appear to a variety of different users for the most insignificant of reasons.
Here are the causes of SKYUI error code 1 on your computer:
1. Administrator Privileges
By default, the SKSE requires that you run it with administrator privileges.
So if you fail to run the program as an administrator while starting it, you may see this error.
2. Incorrect Installation
If the SKSE installation is not properly done or it was canceled improperly, then you’re likely to see this error.
SKSE installation is a sensitive task, and you must follow the installation steps correctly.
If you accidentally skip any lines, the SKYUI error code 1 message may appear. See how to install Skyrim Script Extender.
3. Incorrect Skse64’s Settings
If the SKSE64’s settings were not correctly set up or were not suitable for modification, you are also likely to see an SKYUI error code 1 message.
4. The Game Was Installed In The Wrong Location.
If you installed the game in the very wrong location, this SKYUI error is likely to occur.
So, before you try fixing this error, ensure that Skyrim is properly installed on your computer system and that it is also up-to-date with the latest build from Steam.
And finally, make sure to also log in as an administrator on your computer.
How to Fix SkyUI Error Code 1
Here’s how to fix the Skyul error code 1:
- Run SKSE64 Aas an administrator
- Reinstall the Skyrim Script Extender (SKSE) program.
- Manually install the SKSE (Skyrim Script Extender).
- Use the Mod Manager.
- Fix for the mod manager
- Change the game folder location.
Please Note: Before you attempt fixing this error, make sure the executable file for the SKSE64 is “SkyrimSELauncher.exe.”
1. Run SKSE64 as an administrator.
Skyrim Script Extender (SKSE) requires administrator access for it to be properly installed on your PC. The reason is that it’s rendered on the Skyrim and Steam applications.
Secondly, elevation is also needed whenever it launches since, technically, it is running on top of Skyrim on the Steam application.
Here is how to run the SKSE as an administrator:
- Right-click on the SKSE63 program in the SKSE folder directory.
- Select Properties from this executable’s context menu.
- Click the “Run this software as an administrator” checkbox in the Settings section of the Compatibility page.
- In order to save the administrative changes, choose Apply and then Ok.
2. Reinstall the Skyrim Script Extender (SKSE) program.
When the Skyrim script extender is not properly installed, chances are that most files that require modifications will be missing, hence making you experience a code 1 error.
So for us to make the SKSE work well and thus fix this error issue, we’ll be required to reinstall the Skyrim Script Extender again.
To make SKSE function properly and resolve this problem, you will need to reinstall it properly.
You can do this using two methods: either manual installation or Mod Manager.
How to Manually Install the SKSE
If this is the choice of installation for you, then follow the steps below and you’ll be good to go. It’s not rocket science, just a few clicks and SKSE is installed.
Here are the steps for manually installing SKSE.
- Go to the SKSE website to download the SKSE setup.
- Save it on your PC. It will be kept in SKSE64 2 00 04 folders.
- Enter this folder as well as the second one bearing the same name.
- Selected files include skse64-1-5.dll.
- skse64 loader.exe
- SKSE64 steam loader.dll
- Then, open the Data > Scripts folder in the SKSE64 2 00 04 folders by returning there.
- Copy and paste the copied files into the game’s script folder after choosing all the.PEX files.
Installing SKSE Using the Mod Manager
Again, if this is the option you choose to install the SKSE file on your computer, follow the steps outlined below.
Here are the steps to install SKSE using Mod Manager.
- Go to the official website and download SKSE.
- Install the SKSE setup after downloading.
- Add to archive is an option when you right-click on the Scripts folder in the Data folder.
- Give the newly generated archive a new name that suits your needs.
- Extract the file with any mod installer, such as Vortex, WB, or MO2.
Reinstalling the SKSE with the current script requires that the PEX files be replaced with the most recent versions if there is an upgrade.
You can do this automatically by unchecking the skse64 archive option. Source